2009/05/31

Swisher Z-Max 60-Inch 26 HP Zero Turn Radius Riding Mower (Non-CARB Compliant) #ZT2660B


I am on my 2nd summer with my Swisher Z-Max and it has been a pretty decent machine. If it was powered by a Honda, in my opinion it would be the best value going. Don't get me wrong, the briggs has worked well, but I have another 60" mower powered by a Honda that handles taller grass much better and gets better fuel economy.

Mine has had some minor issues:

One steering arm pivot point came loose (inside the chassis)
Front frame member to front pivot axle member bolt came loose and fell out
When mowing, driver tends to get a fair amount of grass in their lap that blows up from the front of the deck
Gator blades are junk
I have 50 hours on mine and have replaced both deck belts. (seems a bit excessive)

Yes, it does have a few issues, but when compared to what is available in the same price range it looks pretty good. Although I have had to do a bit of wrenching on it, I have to say that it is pretty easy to work on.
Buy Swisher Z-Max 60-Inch 26 HP Zero Turn Radius Riding Mower (Non-CARB Compliant) #ZT2660B!

No comments:

Post a Comment