2009/06/06

Swisher 50-Inch 23 HP Zero Turning Radius Riding Lawn Mower #ZT2350


I have owned my Swisher ZT2350 for about 18 months. I mow about 1 1/4 acres and use the trailer hitch on it to pull a 17 cu Ft trailer. It works great and has been reliable. I bouhgt it because of the heavy duty steel construction, the powerful B&S ELS engine and the trailer hitch (not all have one) - It is really built rugged, mostly steel plates bolted together. I was sick of plastic housings & parts wearing out, cracking & breaking. In this respect, you can't beat this mower. I use it relentlessly almost daily and it has been relatively trouble free. I did have to replace the starter solenoid after about 17 months, but I start & stop it frequently when using it as a landscaping tractor, so I guess that isn't too bad. The only complaints I have are 1.The parking brake is a pretty crappy design, hard to set at times, and prone to sheared teeth & damage. They need to switch it from a toothed to a band type design. 2.The hand crank for raising & lowering the deck is slow & clumsey to operate. They need to redesign this into a simple latching foot lever so it can be easily raised & lowered on the move. These have been minor annoyances compared to the overall usability of the product.
The parts are generally easy to remove, buy & replace. The Swisher folks have been absolutey great to deal with. Resonable prices, and quick. I ordered spare belts and mulching blades and they arrived by mail promptly. This is a first rate company with first rate products - I shopped extensively before buying and believe this is truely the best value for the money you can get in a zero turn mower/tractor!. I have also done some design work on it, adding a 42" snow blower attachment for winter use - It works like a charm and where I live, this is a really big deal in terms of saving cost, space and getting your $ worth from your tools. I would recommend the ZT2350 to anyone. It is one of the best values I have found in years. (and as a design engineer, I can be pretty critical of mechanical designs!)
Buy Swisher 50-Inch 23 HP Zero Turning Radius Riding Lawn Mower #ZT2350!

No comments:

Post a Comment